Services - Operator Training
H2O’C Experience and Quality
H2O’C Engineering has extensive experience in providing operator training in Missouri and Illinois. With MDNR, MWWC, IEPA, IPWSOA, AWWA & ILMA, H2O’C has developed and presented a wide range of fully illustrated and highly acclaimed operator training programs.
Each H2O’C program has been tailored to meet the specific needs of regional water system personnel.
Qualifications of Instructional Staff
Training is conducted by Dr. John O'Connor, PE, and Tom O'Connor, PE, BSEE, MBA.
Small Missouri water systems qualify for training paid for by the State voucher program
Operator Training Courses Descriptions
Each description below opens in a new window.
- SDWA Provisions and Rules: Total Coliform Rule / Turbidity; Operator Certification Rules; SWTR
- Chloramines for DBP Control: Chemistry, Disinfection, Feed Alternatives, Distribution System
- Surface Water Characteristics: Seasonality, Particles, TOC, Metals, Electroneutrality Condition
- Ground Water Characteristics: Composition, Fe, Mn, H2S, Arsenic, Dissolved Gases, Microorganisms, Ground Water Rule, Disinfection, Disease
- Coagulation, Sedimentation and Filtration: Coagulants, Jar Testing, Settling, and Filtration Practice, Evaluation of Filter Media Condition, Operational Problems
- Lime Softening Processes: Required Dosages, Slaking, Process Control, Recarbonation
- Iron, Manganese and Hydrogen Sulfide Removal Engineering Practice and Alternatives
- Ion Exchange Processes Hardness Reduction, Radium Removal, Ammonium Ion
- Removal of Organic Substances: Total Organic Carbon, Color, Tastes and Odors, Atrazine
- Drinking Water Disinfection / Disinfection By-Products Formation
- Inorganic Contaminants and their Removal: Pb & Cu / Willmar, MN Case History; Removal of Radionuclides Arsenic: Regulation, Health Effects, Occurrence, Removal
- Water Distribution and Storage Pipe Materials, Main Breaks, Surge, Unaccounted for Water
- Transmission of Treated Water: Modeling, Demonstration of EPANet, Pressure, Travel Time
- Distribution System Maintenance and Remediation of Microbial Problems Distribution System Maintenance, Control of Microbial Nitrification
- Package Plants, Point-of-Entry, Point-of-Use Systems; Evaluations of Bottled Water Quality
- Water System Design: Water Use, Projections, Capacity Analysis, Storage Requirements
- Water Treatment Processes and Plant Configurations Summary of Basic Designs and Criteria
- Basic Water Chemistry: Acid-Base Equilibria, Solubility, Oxidation-Reduction, Corrosion
- Basic Water Microbiology: Organisms, Health Effects, System Monitoring, Microscopy
- The History and Philosophy of Drinking Water Protection Why and What we Regulate
- Wastewater Treatment: History and Development of Treatment Processes Early Disposal Systems, Outhouses, Toilets, Sewers, Primary, Secondary, Tertiary Treatment Processes; Sludge Treatment and Disposal, Nutrient Removal, Disinfection
- Removal of Radionuclides Application and Costs of BAT Alternatives for Radionuclides; Plant Design: Case Studies of Radium Removal in Missouri
- Chemical, Biological and Radiological (CBR) Warfare Agents
- Use of the Microscope and Particle Counter in Water Treatment
- Filter Profiling: Evaluation of Filter Media and Filter Particle Removal Performance
"H2O'C made a special effort to make sure that everyone understood the processes under study and also took the time to listen to the operators and other plant staff during the course of the project. This resulted in everyone feeling that they were part of the team and helped ensure success."
Superintendent of Water